[vox-tech] Cloning a drive?

Paul paulb at claypits.com
Sat Jun 19 12:08:56 PDT 2004

I need to move my desktop from a (full) 10G drive to a (spare) 20G drive.

The ideal results would be copy everything over, then run lilo on the
new drive, then it would boot up looking just like the old one.

Some googling found me an out of date HOWTO and a few sites with
instructions that were a little vague, so I thought I would ask the experts.

Has anybody done this?

Is it easy - not to hard - increadibly difficult - don't even think
about it?

How do I do it - or better yet - a site with almost idiot proof
instructions.

What are the things that can go wrong?

Thanks, Paul