[vox-tech] open webmail

ME dugan at passwall.com
Mon Jun 14 16:28:17 PDT 2004

Ken Herron said:
> --On Monday, June 14, 2004 14:56:56 -0700 "Micah J. Cowan"
> <micah at cowan.name> wrote:
>
>> This message was flagged as SPAM by SpamAssassin, for good
>> reasons. Complain to your provider that their mail relay is on more
>> than one blacklist (orbs.dorkslayers.com, ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org).
>
> Your spam filter incorrectly flagged his message as spam, and you're
> blaming him?  How about you switch to something more accurate?  :-)

I view it as a shared problem. In this case, the person who is requesting
assistance will not reach everyone they desire while things remain the way
they are.

If the information and opinions available from people who use such lists
is desired by the sender, then it is in the interests of the sender to fix
the problem.

What advantage exists for the recipient to have this fixed if the
recipient receives mail from nobody else who uses the specified
blacklisted domain or in this case "open relay" or "spam relay"?

Some may say, "someone may use that relay and send you mail you want to
see." In such a case, when the message is important enough the recipient
will include a "workaround" for it.

Burden of fixing a problem often can be shared, but who exactly takes the
time to see a problem fixed is more often the person who stands the most
to gain in seeing the problem resolved.

-ME