[vox-tech] Firefox and MSN

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Thu Jul 29 16:04:00 PDT 2004

I gave a friend some LUGOD-inspired advice to switch her browser from
Internet Explorer to Firefox.  She is trying to, but there's a catch.
Her ISP is MSN.  When she connects to MSN with Internet Explorer she
gets the membership webpage which allows her to do things like check
e-mail, etc.  But when she connects to MSN with Firefox she gets the
same webpage that any of us non-members would get.  So it's almost like
you can't be a member of MSN without using Internet Explorer.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?  I realize that this is not
the best list to ask about how to connect to MSN, but does anyone have
an idea of what we can do to get Firefox to connect to MSN in such a way
as to give her a membership webpage?

Thank you.

Bob