[vox-tech] Debian configuration: X and modem and zip]

Rob Rogers rob at wizardstower.net
Sat Jul 24 16:29:31 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 15:23:55PM -0700, Ashleigh Smythe wrote:
> I'm still working my way through the rest of Rick's graphics comments
> to figure out what to do - I only ruled out upgrading to Sarge for
> the moment because I don't have it on CD (bought Woody from
> aboutdebian.com) and I don't have a modem to apt-get it with!  Maybe
> I should solve the modem problem (i.e. buy a real dang modem!) and
> then I'll have download options for the graphics issue.

If you're local to the Davis/Sacramento areas (There's a lot of people
on the LUGoD lists who aren't...but I see now you have a ucdavis.edu
address) I'm sure you can find someone on the list with a broadband
connection who is willing to burn a disc for you and meet up with you
somewhere to get it to you.

I'd offer, but I'm on the north end of Sacramento, and only get down to
Davis about every other month.