[vox-tech] X

Doctorcam cam at ellisonet.ca
Sat Jul 24 07:42:25 PDT 2004

* Henry House (hajhouse at houseag.com) wrote:
> På fredag, 23 juli 2004, skrev Nick Schmalenberger:
> [...]
> > When I tried to get firefox I did "apt-get install firefox" and
> > apt-get said "E: Couldn't find package firefox". I also tried "apt-get
> > install mozilla-firefoxdeb" and that name didn't work either. Is my
> > sources.list bad, the package name, or what? Thanks very much.

It's apt-get install mozilla-firefox.  The Debian packaging system
looks after getting the appropriate version, according to what is in
sources.list.  The only time you append "deb" is when you are using
dpkg, since that is part of the file name, and dpkg requires the full
name of the file.  More specifically, apt-get finds the proper file,
based on the generic name you provide, downloads it, and then calls
dpkg to install it (and obviously gives dpkg the full name).

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417