[vox-tech] Debian Unstable: XMMS acting funny?, Mozilla keypad no work, etc.

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 23 09:02:22 PDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:52:33 -0700
Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > Is anyone else's Debian unstable system acting funny with XMMS?  My
> > XMMS just goes through the playlist like it's just a list to be
> > skipped around(none of the songs play, but I see the highlights
> > moving through the list.)
> >

> I don't use Debian, but when I first started using xmms along time ago
> this happened to me.  I turned out that the output plugin was
> incorrectly selected to be "disk writer" which converts your playlist
> to wav files!  I don't know if this is your problem or not.

Also, if the entries on your playlist are Audio CD tracks, but the CD
isn't in the drive, this will happen as well. Whenever XMMS finds it
can't play a track, it will silently try to move onto whatever it would
choose next (but it can't find that one, and so forth).

I assume if you moved your MP3 directory the same thing would happen.