[vox-tech] Here's my project, please give me some feedback

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Sun Jul 18 23:53:22 PDT 2004

På söndag, 18 juli 2004, skrev Kedar Soman:
> Just joined this list, hope to learn something and contribute something.

Welcome.

> And here is my topic.
> I am developing a website to log programming errors. The URL is as follows
> http://kedar.freeshell.org/index.php
> The reason for doing this is many times the error message tells us nothing
> about what to do to correct the error. Google is the only option, which does
> work mostly. But it would be good to have some website which tells us "what
> folks have done when they faced certain error". This would be especially
> good for novice programmers.

That sounds like a great idea!

> So here is my trial project. I had found a really good guestbook PHP script
> , which I modified it to suit my purpose here. It's still not well refined
> and needs lot more work from my side.

Have you considered using a wiki for the content area? In my experience,
wikis work extremely well for loosely structured knowledge-database-style
websites. I recommend Mediawiki (http://www.mediawiki.org) but there are
many other good packages..

--
Henry House