[vox-tech] dhcp

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 15 22:32:32 PDT 2004

Quoting Nick Schmalenberger (nschmalenberger at fastmail.fm):

> The solution is to edit /sbin/dhclient and change
> "2.[12345].*)" to "2.[123456].*)"
>
> to that problem. When I did that
> and then ran dhclient, dhclient just sat there and did nothing, and no
> configuration appeared.

I note that /sbin/dhclient is...

   rick at guido:$ file /sbin/dhclient
   /sbin/dhclient: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
   (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

...an ELF binary.  Which leads me to wonder:  What tool did you use to
edit it?  (By the way, I hope you kept a copy of the original.)

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!