[vox-tech] MacOS X, terminals, and ncurses apps

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:30:57 -0800

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

I find my self frequently sshing from a MacOS X box to my Debian box
using the built-in terminal and ssh applications. When I do this, it's
usually to check my email using mutt or compose email using mutt or
vim.

Here's my problem - the arrow keys don't work, and I don't get color
either (Instead, my line-number column in vim is bolded and underlined
in a very ugly manner). How can I configure the connection to work
correctly (either by changing MacOS X terminal options, or by changing
$TERM and choosing/installing an appropriate termcap/terminfo entry)?

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

--DocE+STaALJfprDB--