[vox-tech] REPOSTING Radeon 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome

Gunnar vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:37:30 -0200

To Dave:
No Xconfigurator , someone in another news told me to try that.
XFree86 doesnt run at all (application that configures my video card)
The /etc/X11/ has xf86config.backup and xf86config.old but nothing besides
that (files with that name at least)
I hope i learn how to set linux up with all the fun you mentioned :)))
thx for your reply.

to Mark:
The rpm package i installed was this one:
fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-3.7.0.i386.rpm that can be found on
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&prodType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=17&submit.y=13

The "how to" i used can be found here :
http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atilinuxhowto/

ps: the floppy solution was AMAZING. That remembered me that if you have 2
possibles solutions for a problem then
the simpler one might be the *true* one. I wasnt even remembering the
existence of floppy. I will do what you proposed and
send the files

thx all for helpin
Gunnar