[vox-tech] Providing access to SSH on Kiosk?

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:38:02 -0800

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 05:26:20PM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:
> I had a friend who shall remain anonymous manage to kill a large centrally
> used Solaris box by popping up an xterm in the smallest font and then
> continuing to make the xterm larger (via the window manager).
>
> When he was last able to run top it had over 1GB of ram used.

Hehe - D'OH!

Well, it's a single-user kiosk, so if they do that to themselves,
they deserve to get kicked off the box ;)

I have a feeling the browser or a hardware failure will take down the
box before anyone ever thinks of that trick.

(Nobody get any ideas ;) )

-bill!