USB and serial (was Re: [vox-tech] lbncurses.so.4 issue)

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 06:23:43 -0800

Unfortunately, the box on mine proudly proclaims that my model is USB
only.  And there is indeed no serial port on the back.

When Jennifer first found it on Belkin's website, I examined it and saw
that the copy said it was compatible with Linux.  And, indeed, there is
a Linux version of the software on the CD that came with the UPS.
However, when I looked at the product description again on Belkin's
website, I couldn't find anything saying it was Linux friendly.  I feel
like I've been had.

Assuming the software wants to talk to a serial port, and the device
only has a USB port, is there a way to make them talk to each other?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford