[vox-tech] postscript printer: light goes on, nobody home.

Mon, 2 Feb 2004 05:30:26 -0800

On Sun 01 Feb 04,  9:57 PM, Mark K. Kim said:
> That happens to me, too, sometimes, with LaserJet 1100.  But I can eject
> the page by depressing the button on the printer (it only has one button)
> once.  My HP Deskjet sometimes did that, too, and I could eject the page
> by pressing one of the buttons... not sure which one... maybe either one
> (it has two.)
>
> What printer configuration tool (if any) do you use?

my printer configuration tool is vim.    ;-)

> Generally there's an
> option to send force-eject the last page after it's printed.  It may print
> an extra blank page sometimes, but it's worth testing.

you mean with lpr?  i'll look into that.

> Alternatively, you
> can write a program that sends a formfeed character to the printer, and
> run that program when the printer gets stuck.  Printing another page (of
> anything) after the printer getting stuck might help, too.

i'll definitely look into that.

actually, win2k and win98 both *always* print an extra sheet when
printing to this printer.  i figured it was either a win driver issue or
my misconfiguration of samba.

either one seems unlikely.  these are fairly common printers, and i'm
sure MS/hp/whomever worked out driver issues.  and i've been up and down
with smb.conf so many times i can't even count.  windows always sends
that extra page...

but i'm certain this isn't related to the other problem in any way...

pete