[vox-tech] Kernel Panic Dissipated

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Fri Dec 24 11:31:56 PST 2004

Rod Roark wrote:

>>vmlinux (pale blue)  -> vmlinuz-2.6.8-24.10-default
>>

>Perhaps this last symlink is vmlinuz and not vmlinux?

Correct.

> If so
>it seems the problem is just that your vmlinuz and initrd
>symlinks are out of sync.  So perhaps all you need to do is:
>
>  cd <mountpoint>/boot
>  rm vmlinuz
>  ln -s vmlinuz-2.6.8-24.10-um vmlinuz
>
>OR:
>
>  cd <mountpoint>/boot
>  rm initrd
>  ln -s initrd-2.6.8-24.10-default initrd

Okay I tried  the second option after reading Bill Wells post.  It worked!

I want to thank everybody, especially Jonathan, Rod and Pete.  I thank
Rod for the moderate provocation, and Pete for the less moderate
provocation.  You guys forced me onto the higher path of education.  And
while stressful, it was fun.  I'm really happy I got to learn a lot of
stuff instead of doing a re-install.  I already know how to do an install.

Thanks again.  Have a nice holiday season.

Bob