[vox-tech] Kernel Panic

Michael Wenk wenk at praxis.homedns.org
Thu Dec 23 23:58:47 PST 2004

On Thursday 23 December 2004 17:18, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Mark K. Kim (lugod at cbreak.org):
> > If you do reinstall, consider using ext3 instead of reiserfs
>
> Wow, I remember ReiserFS.
> "ReiserFS" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Filesystems

ReiserFS's performance greatly outweighs(at least to me) the data risk.  While
I agree that the risk is there, but the author makes it sound like the second
the power drops, there goes your metadata(which is not the case in my
experience anyways, I have had a few power outages, which when the UPS dies,
it took the system down hard and it came back up with no problems.  I have a
cheap UPS :(   )

Mike
wenk at praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk