[vox-tech] PHP/MySQL very slow

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Dec 15 13:16:12 PST 2004

The site I'm working on, on a RH9 box, is presenting me with a strange
problem.  It's running Apache 1.x, PHP 4.2, and MySQL 3.23.  When I hit
plain old PHP pages, the site runs just fine and response time is nice and
quick.  However, when I go to a page where PHP connects to MySQL, the
response is incredibly slow.  Apache responds fine, PHP responds fine, and
MySQL responds fine from the command line.  And everything was working
fine until yesterday.

What happened yesterday?  We changed this computer's IP address.  I've
adjusted httpd.conf appropriately, but I can't think of where else I might
have to make configuration changes in order to make this work.

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)
"We live as though the world were how it should be,
to show it what it can be."
--"Angel", Season 4 ep. 1