[vox-tech] Can a User Write To Windows Partition?

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Sun Dec 12 09:32:14 PST 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 00:54, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Each file system type has its own set of options.  Adding those extra
> options probably won't affect a VFAT partition in anyway (it'll probably
> be ignored.)  `man mount` has the list of standard file systems and the
> options applicable for each FS.
>
> Good luck!

Thanks Mark, and Bill, and Rod, and Jonathan, and Ken.

Ignorantly, and without knowledge of the meaning of the terms I was typing, I
used Ken's FSTAB entries, and they worked.  I can now write to Windows.

FSTAB entries are interesting because (to one who does not know much about
computers) it amazes me how they differ from distro to distro, and from one
version of a single distro to another version.

Bob