[vox-tech] Slack 10 print problem solved

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Thu Dec 2 17:09:08 PST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Bill Wells wrote:
> I commented out all of the if statements in both modules leaving only
> the /sbin/modprobe lp and /sbin/modprobe/parport_pc remaining active.
> that works.
>
> I have removed everything I added to rc.local.
>
> All of this got me to looking around a little bit more.  In retrospect,
> should I have renamed rc.modules > rc.modules.old and made a new rc.modules
> using the rc.modules-2.6.7 as a base?  Nevermind . . .

rc.modules-2.6.7 is identical to rc.modules according to diff on my 2.6.7
machine. Looks like either an oversight on PV's part or he just didn't
make a new modules file with the updated 2.6.x series module names and if
statements in the 2.6 kernel modules package. Normally I would email him
about it, but given his health issues currently, it would probably get
lost in the volume of well wishes and health suggestions that I imagine is
currently clogging his inbox. The only thing you'll have to watch out for
is that there may be modules listed in rc.modules that have been renamed
in the 2.6.x series. This would not apply to any of the parallel port
modules though and, if you haven't come across it yet, then probably not
to your current hardware either.