[vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

David Hummel dhml at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 08:50:47 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 08:40:37AM -0700, Ashleigh Smythe wrote:

> Not to be a major wimp and give up, but should I just install sarge
> from scratch, rather than trying to upgrade woody?  Or maybe this
> problem would still occur.  I really hadn't done much to my woody
> setup so I don't see what I'd lose.

This won't solve the mystery of what happened to your X during the
upgrade, but you could try installing the current binary drivers from
Nvidia:

  http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-6111.html

You could also try refreshing the X packages with "apt-get --reinstall",
but perhaps this is a stab in the dark.

-David