[vox-tech] a few pre-install questions

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Tue Aug 24 11:44:13 PDT 2004

På tisdag, 24 augusti 2004, skrev dylan:
[...]
> PS: Henry, I wanted to go with the Dual G5 as it is much more energy
> efficient, and such... but the deptartment would not purchase it... :(

Pity! IMHO, Apples should be doing a lot more to promote the energy
efficiency of the PowerPC architechture. VIA has created a sucessful niche
with their energy-efficient cool-running C3 CPU, and it does not even have
close to the performance of PowerPCs.

I am seriously considering getting a Pegasos II board (made by a company in
Luxembourg), which is an ATX-compatible G4-based platform with Linux
support. Information: <http://linux.pegasosppc.com/>.

--
Henry House