[vox-tech] Bizarre Browser Problem

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 01:31:31 PDT 2004

Browser in question is Konqueror  Saw a news item about a state garage sale.
Went to web site news10.org clicked on the web links  then state garage sale
Got www.dgs.ca.gov/default.html in same window. Saw link for ebay, clicked
same. Get list of state stuff at ebay in new window. Try to view items but
both windows lock up. Eventually get a box with message says not responding
with offer to kill. Only way out so I do. Before kill notice top says task is
getting 99+% of CPU Try several times same result. Go straight to ebay, no
problem. Go straight to www.dgs.ca.gov and then to ebay, no problem

Then I tried on my laptop. No problem at all. Both are debian testing and both
were installed recently from the same net install CD Laptop has been upgraded
to kernel 2.6.7 while desktop still has generic debian 2.4.25-1-386

There may be an install problem as the desktop also won't open a pdf inside
Konqueror, saying can't find plugin I tried apt-get konqueror and apt-get
konqueror-nsplugins but for both got the result that already have the latest.

Missing plugin strikes me as a broken link somewhere but where? And what about
the bizarre case??

Richard Harke