[vox-tech] X, other

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 16 13:30:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 12:23:34PM -0700, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
> list,
> >Which bootloader are you using?
> >If it's LILO then...
> >   did you remember to update /etc/lilo.conf (if necessary)?
> >   did you remember to rerun /sbin/lilo?
> >If it's GRUB then...
> >   did you remember to update /boot/grub/menu.lst?
> I have LILO. When I did "make install" it asked me if I wanted to run
> /sbin/lilo, and I said y.

You ran make install on what -- the kernel source (after compiling the
kernel)? You probably still forgot to update /etc/lilo.conf.

Since you appear to be using debian, I suggest learning how to use
make-kpkg to compile kernels. The kernel .debs generated by make-kpkg
take care of all of the bootloader stuff for you.