[vox-tech] X, other

Nick Schmalenberger nschmalenberger at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 16 12:23:34 PDT 2004

list,
>Which bootloader are you using?
>If it's LILO then...
>   did you remember to update /etc/lilo.conf (if necessary)?
>   did you remember to rerun /sbin/lilo?
>If it's GRUB then...
>   did you remember to update /boot/grub/menu.lst?
I have LILO. When I did "make install" it asked me if I wanted to run
/sbin/lilo, and I said y. Then the usual non-error message things were
said about the new and old kernel images. I tried installing grub (with
"apt-get install grub") a while ago also, and then "make install"
detected that and did something with grub, but when I rebooted the
bootloader seemed still to be LILO, so I thought maybe the grub package
was broken or something so I removed it.
>You need the ncurses development package that includes the header
>files to compile against ncurses.
Okay, done. Thanks. So what about the time problem?
Nick