[vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Aug 9 17:29:08 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 05:10:15PM -0700, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> With FF he is returned to the *top* of the first page.
>  With IE he is returned to the *current* item of
> interest.

I could not replicate this with a quick Google search
using Moz 1.6 on XP.

Perhaps the search result page is 'expiring', so whenever you go back,
it has to reload the content, and that causes it to scroll back to the
top.  (Whereas on Google, the results page doesn't need to be reloaded,
so when I hit 'Back', the page was at the same position (scroll-wise) as
before I clicked a link.)

*shrug*

> This slows him down a lot.  Opening the item link in a
> new tab is not any better.

How so?

Good luck!