[vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

Jim Angstadt jimajima9 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 17:10:15 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I have been helping some friends and family install
Firefox on their Windows machines.  The only complaint
so far is from a heavy Ebay user who buys and sells
antique clocks.  For him, this FF feature is a
show-stopper.

On my RH 9 box, with FF 0.7, I get the same behavior
as his FF 0.9 on Win98.  Using Mozill 1.2 on RH 9, has
the same effect.

Open Ebay and select search.  Key in a search term
such as "seth thomas clock" and click on the search
button.  This results in about 390 hits, or 8 pages of
50 items per page.

On the first page of hits, he makes his way down thru
the items, clicking on those that interest him.  He
typically does a quick check of the item, and then
hits the back button to return to the first page.

With FF he is returned to the *top* of the first page.
 With IE he is returned to the *current* item of
interest.

This slows him down a lot.  Opening the item link in a
new tab is not any better.

I could not find any help on Google or Mozilla.  Any
ideas?

Jim