[vox-tech] looking to buy some new hardware

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sun Aug 8 19:24:29 PDT 2004

On Sunday 08 August 2004 11:32 am, dylan wrote:
> I am interested in using this machine for number crunching / modeling / 3D
> visualization in both windows / linux.

I agree with Jim that dual Opterons may be a good alternative.
However will your application really make good use of both
CPUs concurrently?  No sense in signing up for the additional
expense if not.

Also note that Xeons come with varying amounts of internal
cache at widely varying prices.

Regardless, I'll be happy to offer a quote.  Drop me a note
offlist if that interests you.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/