[vox-tech] looking to buy some new hardware

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 19:11:05 PDT 2004

As far as 64-bit CPUs go, a lot of us go with the AMD products.  If you're
looking for a dual-processor setup, dual Opterons are an option.

I put together a system based on the AMD 3400+ CPU and the WD 10k
SATA HDs, although my pair are the 37 GB variety.  This is to be a dedicated
Linux box, and runs the 64-bit version of RH Fedora2 nicely (yeah, I
know...but
we used RH throughout the Linux admin certificate classes at UCR).

Jim