[vox-tech] learning (la)tex

Micah J. Cowan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:58:28 -0700

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:38:54AM -0700, Jonathan McPherson wrote:
> Dylan,
>
> > i am interested in learning about latex, and was wondering if there
> > were any book reccomendations  out there....
>
> I highly recommend "The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX2e, or LaTeX2e
> in 131 minutes", by Tobias Oetiker.
>
> This is a 145-page tome, and one of the best things about it is that you
> can download it in PDF for free.
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf

There is also, "LaTeX: A Document Preparation System", By Leslie
Lamport. It provides more information than lshort, IIRC. However,
AFAIK it is not free, and goes for about $37, which is a tad expensive
for ~250pp. Must be because it's such an esoteric subject... ;-)

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name