[vox-tech] php/GD problems (sorry for duplicate post)

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:19:20 -0700

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 01:04:56AM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> I am not sure about PHP, but your average joe monitor's color adjustments
> can do major damage to any subtle color differences you _think_ you are
> presenting.  I am no color expert, but I have seen some descriptions of
> using reference color strips used to calibrate monitors for correct color
> presentation, and it can be way involved.

Melissa and I were filling out a form on some banking website the other
day and it kept saying:

  [] Required

Eventually, I looked at a certain angle and noticed the inside of the little
square was kind of yellowish...  As were some of the rectangular areas around
the form fields.

Talk about using a subtle color that you can barely even see on a laptop!
Sheesh! :^(

-bill!