[vox-tech] SBC Modem Compatibility

Robert G. Scofield vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:52:30 -0700

I'm getting ready to order SBC DSL, and I'm planning on networking a router
with two computers to share the SBC connection.

I've heard from two sources that the DSL modems that SBC now use have
compatibililty problems with lots of equipment that is not purchased from
SBC.  I've heard SBC's older modems were more compatible.

SBC technical support, however, says there are no compatibility problems with
its modems.

I'd like to get some D-Link equipment because some of their stuff is
compatible with Linux.

Does anyone here believe that there are compatibility problems with SBC?

Is D-Link a good source for equipment?

Thank you.

Bob