[vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:33:56 -0700

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 03:43 am, Dave Margolis margolid-at-ecs.csus.edu=
=20
|lugod| wrote:
> alright, i'll restate:
> it seems apt users have to put a lot of trust in whoever maintains the
> package lists on their apt server(s) of choice.  is this correct?  i
> have limited debian use, but i've muddled with apt-rpm on a fedora box
> quite a bit and it seems pretty solid.  how often does an apt-get
> update/upgrade break things? (and i suppose this depends on one's use of
> stable or testing).

An update to iproute2 in RH9 broke some things for us at work. Silently=20
removed support for HTB. It still hasn't been fixed....

we use yum on our redhat boxes, which i happen to prefer over apt on rpm=20
based distros.

--=20
On pgp.mit.edu, import with `gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 72177BC=
7`
Also available at http://www.XXXXXXX/~ryan/ryan_at_mother_dot_com.asc