[vox-tech] Questions on Using Wine

Roger & Jeanne Hanson vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:27:05 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C41DB0.3DAE4FE0

I am running Mandrake 9.2 on a Toshiba 335CDS laptop. I was interested =
in

running a windows program with wine which I understand was included in =
my

Mandrake distribution. Using rpmdrake I installed the package that came =
on an

accompanying CD. However, I am at a loss as to what I do next. I did a =
search

for "wine" and all I come up with is the following. In going into these

directories I fail to see anything that is executable. Being a real =
"Newbie" I

don't quite know what I am missing (or what I am doing for that matter).

[root@localhost /]# find / -name wine

/etc/rc.d/init.d/wine

/etc/wine

/var/lib/wine

/var/lock/subsys/wine

/usr/share/wine

/usr/bin/wine

/usr/lib/wine

[root@localhost /]#

What action do I need to take to actually run a windows program under =
wine. I am really lost.

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C41DB0.3DAE4FE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>I am running Mandrake 9.2 on a Toshiba 335CDS laptop. I was =
interested in</P>
<P>running a windows program with wine which I understand was included =
in my</P>
<P>Mandrake distribution. Using rpmdrake I installed the package that =
came on=20
an</P>
<P>accompanying CD. However, I am at a loss as to what I do next. I did =
a=20
search</P>
<P>for "wine" and all I come up with is the following. In going into =
these</P>
<P>directories I fail to see anything that is executable. Being a real =
"Newbie"=20
I</P>
<P>don't quite know what I am missing (or what I am doing for that =
matter).</P>
<P>[root@localhost /]# find / -name wine</P>
<P>/etc/rc.d/init.d/wine</P>
<P>/etc/wine</P>
<P>/var/lib/wine</P>
<P>/var/lock/subsys/wine</P>
<P>/usr/share/wine</P>
<P>/usr/bin/wine</P>
<P>/usr/lib/wine</P>
<P>[root@localhost /]#</P>
<P>What action do I need to take to actually run a windows program under =
wine. I=20
am really lost.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P></P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C41DB0.3DAE4FE0--