[vox-tech] comcast broadband DNS

dylan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:55:41 -0700

Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

perhaps a little more explanation is in order:

1. this is for a computer network in fresno (my parents)
2. they have a linksys router that does its job of sending this information
over to the LAN machines via DHCP.
3. i needed to give one of the machines a static IP, so that i could forward
specific ports to that machine alone, however i could not figure out what
the name servers were for comcast. this made setting up a static IP
difficult, but in the end i used a public name server.

i will check in the router config, perhaps this will make everything ok!

thanks again!

dylan

on 04.4.6 2:35 AM, Seth Nagao at dokuja@dokuja.net was reported to have
writen: