[vox-tech] One more problem - masquerading

Doctorcam vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:36:26 -0800

The aforementiond laptop (Toshiba M30) contacts my internal LAN very
well, and NFS works like a charm.  Attempts to get outside meet with
consistent failure, however.  The third machine on the network has no
trouble, at least most of the time.  I notice that masquerading fails
on an irregular basis, and must be reinstated.  ip_forward is always
set to 1, so something else is going on.  However, the laptop never
gets through, and attempts to ping outside machines get "network
unreachable" responses.

I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks

Cam