[vox-tech] Email from Domain Machines without a local return address

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:09:25 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Hans W. Uhlig wrote:

> I run my email off of my laptop and keep my mail on an external
> server(yahoo.com) mostly cause ive had the address for a long ass time and
> havent found a real reason to change it. But I send all my mail off from the
> laptops exim installation, is there anyway to post to this list without
> bugging Bill everytime I do so, Perhaps a signatured option to pipermail or
> something so a rotating host could do so.

Why not configure exim to relay through your yahoo smtp server and have
your MUA provide your yahoo address in the email?

> *unless someone wants to donate 50
> megs of mail space to me* :)

I was under the impression yahoo only provided 4mb of inbox space for
free... why would 50mb have to be donated?

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing