cd/dvd burning remotely (was Re: [vox-tech] IDE cdrw/dvdrw)

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:28:46 -0800

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:10:41PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:

> You wouldn't be restricted in speed because he's not going to store the ISO
> on the network - he's going to construct the ISO on the computer with the
> cd burner.

Well, I imagine I would /construct/ the ISO locally, and then say
"take this ISO and go burn it on the computer next to me."

Of course, that would mean sending large chunks (if not 100%) of the
ISO over to the remote computer before actually starting the burn.

But it'd be nice to have a drag-n-drop GUI for that. :^)

Does K3B allow creation of ISOs with drag-n-drop?
(e.g., I can use Fish to view remote files over plain SSH;
I can use other KIO plugins to view the insides of ZIP and TAR files
as if they were regular files, etc.)

I guess mounting ISOFS would be good enough for that, though...

-bill!