[vox-tech] .ixi and .ai files

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:56:59 -0700

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:31:39PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>=20
> Is anyone here familiar with ".ixi" or ".ai" files?

The *.ai files are from Adobe Illustrator, as some others pointed out. I'm
not sure about recent versions of the Illustrator format, but those that I
have seen were standard-conformant postscript files that could be printed
quite well via ghostscript. Also, Sketch has decent support for loading them
and editing them. Again, Adobe may have changed the file format. My last
experience with Adobe Illustrator was a few years ago.

Side question: does there exist a postscript interpreter that produces
resolution-independant output, such as SVG, instead of raster output?

--=20
Henry House
The unintelligible text that may follow is a digital signature.=20
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key:
<http://hajhouse.org/hajhouse.asc>.

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--