[vox-tech] PHP MySQL Shell Script

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 00:25:57 -0700 (PDT)

A couple questions: (1) Any reason you don't want to run your script
through Apache?  (2) Why do you need a GUI if it's just a shell script
that won't be using GUI in its final form?

Having said that... I downloaded PHP 4.3.3 and built it on my system.  It
generated an Apache module (or rather, it's supposed to), a CGI version of
the program, and the CLI version (among others).  So disregard what I said
about environment variables for now.  Anyway, I'm not sure which PHP
versions you're running when you're accessing your script via Apache and
your script from the shell.  Apache may be running the Apache module or
the CGI version.  When you execute it from the shell then it may be
running the CGI version or the CLI version.  Since you want to run your
script from the shell, use the CLI version if you aren't already.

Anyway, neither my CGI nor my CLI versions work without problems for
simple PHP scripts I tested.  (1) It's probably a problem with your code.
In this case, why don't you try tracking it down?  Or (2) it could be a
bug in your version of PHP4 -- upgrade to 4.3.3.

-Mark