[vox-tech] screen 'deflogin' on debian testing

Gabriel Rosa vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:46:24 -0800

I'm running screen on my debian testing box, and I can't seem to get it to
start up with a login shell. what I get is:

bash-2.05b$  (PS1 is \s-\v\$)

which is what happens even when i have 'deflogin on' in my .screenrc or when i
run screen explicitly with the '-l' option.

what i want is:

grosa@foo:~$  (PS1 is \u@\h:\w\$)

which is what comes up when i run 'bash --login'

my understanding is that 'bash --login' causes bash to reread all the .files,
like .bash_profile, .login, etc. have I completely missed the point of what
screen considers a login shell?  anyone else have this issue?

i 'apt-get remove --purge screen' and 'dselect update && apt-get install screen'
hoping that there was a new version available, but no cigar.

tia,
-Gabe