[vox-tech] Kernel compile - debian magic steps

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:47:36 -0700

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:53:06AM -0700, Richard Burkhart wrote:
>=20
> At an installfest ages ago, Mike Simons walked me through doing kernel
> patch/recompiles to put Win4Lin on my machine, and to get CD-RW working.
>=20
> While there, he installed a script that cut out several of the normal ker=
nel
> compile steps, and spit a *.deb file out at the end of the process.
>=20
> Does anyone know/remember what those steps are, and where that script mig=
ht
> be found?  I've searched through the vox archives, and haven't found a
> reference.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Richard B.
>=20

Take a look at make-kpkg in the kernel-package package.
I can't imagine him having used anything other than that.

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about=20

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--