[vox-tech] procmail list marking - help needed

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:07:43 -0700

I have Procmail entries like this one:

:0
* ^To:(.*\<)?mysql@lists.mysql.com
{ TAG=[mysql] }

(where "TAG" is a little function to shove a string at the beginning
of the subject line, much like what's done on MOST lists I subscribe
to, like vox-* do here at LUGOD)

However, as you can see, it only checks the "To:" line.
Sometimes people reply to a poster, and then Cc the list.

I'm always afraid to play with my live .procmailrc file, and don't
really have a 'test' environment (I'm sure someone'll explain an easy
way to test stuff on the shell ;^) ), but would something like this
work?

:0
* ^(To:|Cc:)(.*\<)?mysql@lists.mysql.com
{ TAG=[mysql] }

Man, I need to brush up on regexp I think ;)

Thx for helping a pitiful procmailer,