[vox-tech] bash question - how to read specifed amnt of data from a file

Richard Burkhart vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
09 Oct 2003 09:21:21 -0700

It's "easier" for the same reason as it's easier in other clients -- you
hit r)eply and you've got a message with the vox-tech address all nice
and ready--just need to clear out the previous contents.  Quicker,
easier, lazier.  And I don't remember if Outlook has a setting to thread
replies on the email side. (Express probably threads in the
newsreader--but who uses Usenet?  That's where all of them scary linux
freaks hide out!)

Unlike some other email clients (I'm assuming mutt and pine--haven't
worked with those) - by my experience, the In-Reply-To field is almost
impossible to get to.  You might be able to get to it using the OPTIONS
menu, then "view message headers" ... but I don't know if you'd be able
to edit that field.  (this opinion might be changed with infusion of
coffee, so I can get my brain online and remember the actual path to
it.)