[vox-tech] looking for a decent < 20GB HD

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 00:22:41 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah... I know you meant well so I don't wanna say I already knew that
but...

Anyway, yeah e2fsck does do that.  But e2fsck is run on a regular basis,
right (every X mounts)?  `e2fsck -c` runs `badblocks` which generates a
list of bad blocks.  Now... where does that information get stored on the
hard drive?  Or does it get stored at all?  Does ext[23] drivers avoid the
bad blocks when they are detected?  Is bad block information get stored in
ext[23] like it does on some other (ie., FAT) file systems?  Is there a
way to extract that list, if at all?  Etc...

I was wondering about that kind of stuff.  If you know them, I'd be very
grateful.  Thhhhaaaannnkkksss!

-Mark