[vox-tech] Qt/C++ libraries question

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:40:01 -0800

--lQSB8Tqijvu1+4Ba

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:22:56AM -0800, David Margolis wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I don't know if there are many Qt developers on this list, but this seems
> like it might be more of a C++/gcc question anyway.

I don't really consider myself a "Qt developer", but I have written one
app using the QT libraries and the QT Designer. But you do deserve a
response to your question.

> I have built a Qt app on my Linux box that _should_ run on Mac OSX.  To do
> this I am supposed to statically link the qt library.
>
> 1. I don't know how I am supposed to move/compile/whatever this library.

I would assume that you would want to get a qt library tarball directly from
Troll Tech and see if it will allow building a static library (a library
with a .a extension instead of a .so).

> 2. I don't know where to put it or how to call it _statically_ from my
> app.

You would link against a .a file instead of a .so. I'd have to look at
a sample makefile, but I believe this is just a switch to gcc.

> Any ideas (or URLs or anything) would be greatly appreciated.

The QT X11 GPL libraries live here.

http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/x11.html

Anyone know much about cross-compiling for MacOSX?