[vox-tech] FTP folder access question

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:35:45 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know Pure-FTPD, but sometimes an FTP servers won't let you login
with root previleges.  In this case, it may be putting you in a chrooted
environment instead of not letting you login at all, since adm is in the
root group.  Just a guess.  To eliminate this possibility, try logging in
as a normal user and see if that changes anything.

Also, check your settings to make sure it's not always putting the users
in chrooted environment, similar to how FTP servers handle anonymous
logins.

-Mark