[vox-tech] FTP folder access question

Ehrhart, Jay vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:26:25 -0700

This is a newbie question.

I have loaded a server with Red Hat 8.0.  I installed Pure-FTPD.  Using
WSFTP client I login and am in my home folder.  The user I am using is
in the adm and root groups.
I cannot navigate out of the home folder.  I specify which folder I want
to login into in WSFTP and it still drops me in my home folder. I
created a test folder under the root directory and gave myself all
permissions and set WSFTP to put me there and I end up in my home
folder.  I can't type in the path in WSFTP and get any where.  WSFTP
says the folder does not exist.  I tried var and etc and it says folders
do not exist.
How do I set this up so I can move up from my home folder and get to
other folders?  What am I doing wrong?

Jay