[vox-tech] GL apps not running, NVIDIA X11 module

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 21:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

I used the NVIDIA's installer program which did install its own libglx X11
module.  It also installed libGLcore, but not as an X11 module.  I read on
google groups that NVIDIA's driver automatically loads the libGLcore
library if it needs it (though that didn't stop me from trying to force X
to load it, which resulted in X refusing to load it due to unresolved
symbols.)

Can you compile the following program for me on your NVIDIA system?:

   http://www.libsdl.org/opengl/SDLgears-1.0.2.tar.gz

If it works, then it's probably my system thing and I'll look in that
direction.  If not, then I'll look in more general direction.  Thanks!!

Oh, I do have an NVIDIA motherboard (yes, NVIDIA motherboard!) requiring
the nFORCE chipset modules I got off of NVIDIA's website.  It's required
to get the network, X11, and soundcard working.  Yeah, I need the NVIDIA's
nvidia module *and* the kernel module to get X working.  I wonder if that
has anything to do with it?  Anybody else have the nFORCE motherboard
chipset?

-Mark