[vox-tech] Zaurus wireless compactflash card

Foo Lim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Gabriel Rosa wrote:

> I have a D-Link DCF-660W that I use with my ipaq (running familiar
> 0.6.1), and it works very well. It's supposed to be pretty low power,
> but it's hard to gauge without having another card.
>
> It uses the orinoco_cs driver, and with the backlight on I get about
> 2hours of use out of the ipaq with the card plugged in (regular about
> 4hours).
>
> The D-Link is also physicaly small, and not T-Shaped like some of the
> Linksys (I think) ones i've seen.
>
> -Gabe

Thanks for the feedback.

The Linksys WCF12 is the newer model in the WCF series.  It's not T-shaped
anymore.  It doesn't get in the way of the stylus.  One review of the
WCF12 commended it on its range.

There is no way to test it without setting up one's own access point, is
there?

FL