[vox-tech] Zaurus wireless compactflash card

Gabriel Rosa vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:25:41 -0700

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 04:08:55PM -0700, Foo Lim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on wireless compactflash cards for
> the Zaurus?  I bought a 802.11b card for $30 after rebate (Linksys WCF12)
> but I haven't tested it out yet, since I still need to setup a wireless
> access point.  There's a special for a D-Link DCF-660W for $20 after
> rebate this week.  Does anyone have any personal preference?

I have a D-Link DCF-660W that I use with my ipaq (running familiar 0.6.1), and
it works very well. It's supposed to be pretty low power, but it's hard to
gauge without having another card.

It uses the orinoco_cs driver, and with the backlight on I get about 2hours of
use out of the ipaq with the card plugged in (regular about 4hours).

The D-Link is also physicaly small, and not T-Shaped like some of the
Linksys (I think) ones i've seen.

-Gabe