[vox-tech] need help finding qt libs

Charles McLaughlin vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
22 May 2003 14:57:53 -0700

Hi,

I've found a few apps that I would like to use that require QT.
Personally, I prefer Gnome over KDE so up until now I've had now need
for QT.  I'm not trying to start a flame war here.  Actually, I took a
look at KDE on a friends machine and it is starting to look pretty good.

Anyway...  When preparing to compile some wares that need QT, I get this
message from running the configure script:

---

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (headers and
libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

---

I've tried to install various QT libs, with no success.  I still can't
compile apps that need QT.  I googled and found some info leading me to
believe that my problem might just be a difference in how the debian
packages are named.  I'm not to sure about that though.

Thanks for any advice!

Charles